2011년 8월 18일 목요일

Final project


THE SCIENCE OF COMPUTER
 
        Today, college is almost the final step in our pursuit of education and we are learning many things that add to our knowledge. When I was young, I was very eager to be a college student and now I am. At this time, if I would study in Korea, I would still be a high school student. So I am really excited that I am now in college. This term, I have seven subjects and COMPSCI is one of my favorites because it’s something new and amazing for me. This subject is about the world of computer and it has given me information which I did not know.

         Before, I used to think that the computer is only for playing, social networking and researching assignments. And I did not care about any computer when they are broken because my brother was the one who fixed it always. Even when I bought my laptop, I just chose it basing on its design. Maybe most of girls’ mind would be the same as mine. Simply, I just didn’t know the importance of computers. But now, if I buy a new computer, I know what to check on its component. I have to consider the processor, ram and hard drive. And also I have to check the other parts of the computer. Usually it’s the keyboard, mouse and printer that I am interested as well. If I wanted to have larger memories, I have learned that we can buy removable secondary media. Now I can recommend hard drives to my friends. Here in the Philippines, there are 2 terabytes (TB) external hard drives and that is big enough for space especially if they are into movies.

         I want to be a career woman and someday I will manage our company. At this time, obviously I should need a programmer for our company’s own site. Because of my knowledge from this course, I have now a basis on how to choose future programmers or if not, I can just out- source for our company. When the time comes that I get to have my own company, I will sponsor programmers to advanced programming schools so they will be able to learn more and equip themselves in the world of programming. I believe that they should be trained enough so they can make better results not only for my company but for their future employers as well.

Today when I turn on my laptop and visit Facebook, I am reminded of the advantages of social networking. I appreciate how the internet helps me not to be homesick. Whenever I want to chat with my friends, I just go online. Social networking helps me to communicate with my loved ones far away from me. This is all because of the computer!

There are many stories also that I read in the internet of how they become successful in their businesses because of social networking. I believe that not all of these people went to school and studied computer science. But they became successful. So I think that we students who have enrolled this course have higher possibility of becoming successful. Of course that is if we use the computer to our advantage.

         Through the COMPSCI class, I have learned to appreciate the power of the computer. For me it is not just a gadget that each student should have. This is one of the inventions which helped man become industrial and successful. Let us use it for our success!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기